Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What I Learned

Oh Pivotcon how I wish you were still on!

Pivotcon has been over for just under a month now and I wish it did not have to end. The experience that I have taken away from Pivotcon is unforgettable. I am currently applying a variety of things that I have learned from the conference to the businesses that I am currently working with as well as applying it to my studies. Points that I have taken away specifically is the idea that, a Tweet has a half life of 8 minutes and people are only interested in the first 80 characters. I believe this should be a new rule called the 80 and 8 rule. By learning and taking away those key points from Pivotcon and adjusting my implementation of a social media plan accordingly. By taking into understanding the way your target market views social media is one of the key points to becoming one of the top hits. Another point made by one of the great speakers which I had already heard but resonates with in me always is "Do not count the number of people you reach, count the number of people that count!" This is a quote that I believe many businesses need to know and live by. Many business I have talked or worked with are all taking the shotgun approach on the general public and are finding that they are all being ignored. This quote proves that by focusing on the target market specifically you will more effectively reach the buyers and consumers of your product or service.

These learning are only some of the key points that I took away from an entire conference of key information. I was so pleased that I was given the opportunity to be able to attend and allow myself to become immersed with in the world of social media marketing.

Michael Mooney

No comments:

Post a Comment

login