Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hey NYC! Look out, here comes SABRINA ESHOO!

When I was seven years old I immigrated to Canada from Iraq, choosing to take advantage of the education offered here, not just in classes but actively seeking out anything that could expand my knowledge on a variety of topics. Throughout my life I have always had a passion for the creative side of life, seeing beauty and art as a part of everyday life, and using them to enhance my learning experience.

With the same voracity with which I took to loving art, I too threw myself into the analytical side of things, taking classes in civil engineering. I have always been a critical thinker, and have managed to accumulate a strategic way of approaching any problem, not relying solely on typical guidelines. Thinking ‘outside of the box’ is a saying that has never applied to me, because for me there never was a box to begin with, thinking critically with a creative flair is simply a part of who I am.

Currently being a student in Integrated Marketing Communications, I found myself staring out over the vastness that is social media with a feeling that can only be described as hunger. I understand when some people describe themselves as social butterflies, but to me, I am a social shark with a forever famished feeling. Social media is a forever evolving and changing way of reaching out to audiences, and being delicate can only reach so far.

I am, for lack of a better word, a “Jacqueline” of all trades, with a plethora of skills that can be put to use in any situation, or job title, that may come before me. Attending PivotCon is not only a chance to explore and meet professionals in my desired field of work, but a way for me to acquire more skills, adding them to my arsenal.


                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

login