Thursday, October 11, 2012

NYC - Meet Brittany Rennick


In 3 days I will have the amazing, one-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel to New York City for the Pivot Conference with 4 of my friends/colleagues/classmates I have had the amazing opportunity to get to know over the past 2 and a half years. We have learned so much together, and have shared a lot of unforgettable experiences and memories together

My name is Brittany Rennick, I was born and raised in the small town of Port Perry, Ontario. When it came time to start thinking about what program I was going to take in school. I knew I wanted to get into business with the marketing side of things, but I also loved doing graphics so that’s when I found the IMC program at St. Lawrence College and I realized that this was the right program for me and that it would be a great experience. .
I am an outgoing, well-spoken individual who enjoys taking leadership roles while achieving goals. I am enthusiastic and enjoy taking on new challenges and opportunities. 

For me, I loved first year and I saw how much this program had to offer me, I kept looking forward to getting involved in different events along with working with real clients for our projects. At the end of my first year I attended a night of student excellence that the school puts on for our program. At this event they give our awards that show great work done in classes for outstanding projects. I won a “Greg Award” for my print campaign. That is when I fully realized that this program was for me and that the teachers really do give it their all to help us succeed.

After my second year placement I was offered a Social Media Marketing job for the summer with VFM Leonardo Inc. This job gave me the chance to go home live and work in the big city life of Toronto, I loved that I had this opportunity to show everything I had learned from this program. I was able to learn and mature a huge amount. I was able to develop experience, talent and confidence within the world of Marketing from my first Summer Marketing job.
 
I then took the job with VFM Leonardo Inc, I was the marketing assistant where I was doing all the Online Marketing with all social media channels. I was able to develop and schedule creative content on the different Social Media Platforms also on the company blog and website.

I am looking forward to travelling to New York City and taking in all of the information that will be offered at the conference so that I can prepare myself for the successful future in social media marketing.
I aspire to be a successful social media marketer. I work efficiently and effectively and always ensure a proper job is done. I have great planning and organizational skills.

(Far Right Side) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

login